Monday, April 4, 2011

Snow in April

It snowed yesterday.  We got about 6 inches. 


The strange thing was that the power was out for more than 12 hours.  At first it was cool.  I liked the quiet without the heater blasting.  We snuggled under the covers and didn't get up until about 11 am. 

Then it got weird.  We didn't know what to do.  I kept looking for things to do without power.  I finally ended up reading the whole Sunday paper. 

We kept calling RMP.  They kept saying, in a recorded message, that they knew about the outage and we would have our power on in a couple of hours.  Finally I went through to the complaint voice message and inserted our address.  They recorded it and said they were working on it.  I was uncharacteristically patient with the person less voice on the other end.  After all, it was Sunday and we had nowhere we needed to be.

Just as we decided to leave for dinner out, after I had struggled getting the garage door open and closed manually, we noticed the outside lights were on.  The power had finally been restored.  Of course I attribute the ultimate power restoration to my persistent phone calls. 

No comments: