Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Instant Karma

Today is the 30th anniversary of the death of John Lennon.  On this date in 1980 John Lennon was shot to death by a durranged fan outside his home in New York City.   We lost a musical genius, and a cultural icon who was truly ahead of his time.  For those of us who remember his influence on the world first hand we long for a simpler time when "All we are saying is give peace a chance".

I guess in honor of this austire day a bit of good karma came my way.  It started when I went to lunch and pulled my computer bag out of the back seat of the car. 

In the winter I carry a few things in the car just in case; a blanket, a shovel and a hat and gloves.  The hat I have in my car is one I picked up in Scotland a few years ago.  Besides being part of my winter kit, it is a treasured piece of memoribilia for me.

When I came out of the resturant, about an hour and a half later, I put my computer in the back seat and got into the driver's side seat.  On my windshield was my Scottish hat and gloves.  I had dropped them when I went in and someone was kind enough to pick them up and put them on my windshield.  For that I am gratetful.

In John Lennon's world that is the way it should have been.  In my cynical way of thinking I was very lucky the kind sumaritan didn't need a really nice hat and gloves.

I'm sure God and John Lennon are having a laugh over this. 

1 comment:

Max Sartin said...

Wow. I'm a little surprised that you got them back too, but there's always just enough good going around to keep that flame of faith in humanity alive. Just barely.