Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Is It Just Me?

Is it just me or does Christmas seem a little blah this year. More than usual. In my travels this week everyone seems preoccupied with running around getting things. This time they seem less concerned about what they are getting but about how they are going to pay for it. That "worst economic climate since the great depression" thing seem to really have taken its toll on everyone. There seems to be no bounce in their step and they seem uptight, frustrated. Not so much as to go postal, but just enough to suck all the fun out of the season.

The commercials on TV and the radio are non-stop and senseless, although I can't say they are any different from any other year except they seem closer together. I am going to go postal if I see another RC Willey add for a $2.99 Big Screen TV ( or was that $299?).

Anyhow, if I can, I am going to take next week a little slower and try and find some peace and joy for the season. I will most likely have to fine tune my powers to totally eliminate my sight and hearing. No really, if I just was able to be a little less driven by anxiety and a look around once in a while, I might not miss as much as I regularly do. Just a thought.

No comments: