Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hawaii Day 2

Today we went to church in an open air church near Lahina. It was great to sit there in shorts and feel the breeze.

Then we went to Kapalua to find the Honolua General Store. Rachael Ray said they made creme brulee in a pineapple. That is something I need to try. The only problem is that they are out of business.

Dang mortgage lenders. If they hadn't over extended themselves by offering sub-prime loans to people who couldn't pay them back those people would have gone to Kapalua and the Honolua General Store instead of abandon their houses and the people making my creme brulee would still be there.

We settled for a pineapple slushy and sat outside on the veranda enjoying the view. It is amazing that the weather in Hawaii changes so little (I am remembering from my past trips). It is always 80 degrees in the afternoon and 70 at night with a light breeze and some clouds.

In the afternoon we went walked to the beach from our condo and I played in the surf while my wife watched for whales. I could get used to this.

No comments: